Are you moving? we would be more than happy to quote a professional packing service but whether you’re moving across town or across the country, packing up your belongings can be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help make the process a little easier.
First, start early and take your time. Don’t try to do everything in one day; it’s better to spread the work out over a few days or even weeks. Second, make sure to pack essential items like toiletries and clothes in a separate bag so you can easily access them during the move. Third, use sturdy boxes and wrap delicate items carefully to avoid breakage. And finally, don’t forget to label all of your boxes so you know where everything is going.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to have a successful move. MiniMoves is here to help with all your packing needs!
1. Make sure you use the best packing boxes for your items. Boxes that are not sturdy will cause problems with damages. Flimsy cardboard is prone to breakages when stacked.
2. MiniMoves Removals use durable, double skin boxes that won’t break or dent under pressure.
3. MiniMoves removalists provide sturdy packing boxes to ensure your belongings are well protected during the move. We offer three sizes of box: small, medium and large; plus wardrobe furniture hangers.
Loose Fragile Items
Ideally all fragile items such as lamp standards and shades should be boxed as they are difficult to protect and difficult to stack.
China and Glass
1. China and glass items are always strongest standing up. Plates are less vulnerable if standing on their side. Add a cushioning layer to the bottom of the box before adding the items. Wrap each item individually so that they do not come into contact with any other item/hard surface.
2. Try and keep the height of the items the same so that you can add a sturdy cardboard divider then add another layer thus saving space.
3. Make sure you add cushioning layers to the four sides and the top before closing the lid.
4. Tape the lid and mark the box immediately FRAGILE (MiniMoves Removals of Cheltenham can supply FRAGILE tape).
5. Write the details of the contents on the box too i.e. Kitchen / Glasses.
Your moving teams should inspect all furniture items before they are packed and loaded. A professional removals company should always check all furniture with you and agree on the condition and any pre-existing damage. If your removals team do not, insist on it. Both the removals team and yourself should be fully aware of any issues before they move your furniture so that there are no disputes at the other end.
If you do discover any damage whilst un-packing, photograph it and tell your removal team immediately.
Tea, Coffee And Biscuits
Make sure you leave an essentials kit that doesn’t get packed until the very last minute and are available immediately at your new property. Some items you might want to include are:
Rather than emptying your smaller cupboards, you can wrap them in shrink-wrap which prevents the draws and doors opening as well keeps contents secure. Any other personal items / valuable items such as passports, money credit cards, cheque books. These should be packed by yourself and looked after properly so they don’t get lost or damaged while moving.
Books & Magazines
One of the best ways to ensure that your move goes off without a hitch is by using lighter boxes for books and other bulky items. This way, you’ll be able lift them easily with one person!
For soft, bulky items like duvets etc. MiniMoves Removals can supply you with vacuum packs which reduces the size of the items dramatically, thus saving space on the vehicle as well as providing excellent protection.
Timing, Don’t leave packing until the last minute
Timing is everything. MiniMoves Removals recommends that you complete the packing of all non-essential items the day before the move. This gives you and your removal team plenty of time to load the vehicles. It is far better to arrive at your destination early than late.